At Jamaica and Flushing Hospitals, the month of June is typically filled with graduation ceremonies celebrating the academic and career milestones of residents and fellows.
In previous years, these celebrations were held in large events spaces with many people in attendance. However, this year due to Covid-19 restrictions, ceremonies could not be conducted in person, and instead were done virtually. Included in the virtual graduation were messages from Mr. Bruce J. Flanz, President and CEO, Dr. Sabiha Raoof, Chief Medical Officer and Lourdes Goldenberg, the Director of Graduate Medical Education. Most of the celebrations took place between June 9th and the week of June 22nd.
At Jamaica Hospital Medical Center we had 70 graduates
- Dental General Practice Residency = 11 graduates
- Dental Pediatric Residency Program = 2 graduates
- Podiatry = 2 graduates
- Consultation Liaison Fellowship Program = 1 graduate
- Psychiatry Residency Program = 5 graduates
- Ophthalmology Residency Program = 2 graduates
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program = 6 graduates
- Internal Medicine Residency Program = 25
- Pulmonary Fellowship Program = 2
- Family Medicine Residency Program = 10
- OBGYN Residency Program = 3 Categorical and 1 Prelim Resident
At Flushing Hospital Medical Center we had 50 graduates.
- General Surgery Residency Program = 4 graduates
- OBGYN Residency Program = 4 graduates
- Pediatrics Residency Program = 9 graduates
- Internal Medicine = 14 categorical and 11 Prelim Residents
- Dental Residency Program = 8 graduates
In addition to the Residency programs listed above, there’s a Psychology Training Program where they graduate four residents each year.
As we bid farewell to the residents who graduate from all of our programs we also welcome a total of 170 residents and fellows.
We congratulate our graduates on their achievements and we wish them all great success.